Join us in sharing the story of Andrew Jackson and his home with visitors from around the world. Employment opportunities will be updated as new positions open or are filled.
The Andrew Jackson Foundation has an immediate opening for a full-time Groundskeeper. This is a 40 hour per week position with benefits. Groundskeepers at the Andrew Jackson Foundation mow, weed-eat, install and repair fencing, and perform other routine grounds maintenance work. Previous experience as a groundskeeper is preferred, but not required. Applicants with experience operating zero turn mowers and tractors with implements is highly preferred. Applicants must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and be able to perform strenuous labor.
Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license and pass a background check. All qualified applicants must submit an application. Applications may be picked up at the Ticket Office at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage or requested by email from email@example.com.
Part-Time Event Assistant
This position oversees rental events on the grounds of The Hermitage and is the liaison between the institution, renter(s) and their guests. The Event Assistant’s responsibility is to carry out the plans for the event as agreed to by the renter and the Event Manager, work with Housekeeping and Security staff and enforce the policies and requirements for use of the property, and help to create an extraordinary experience for our rental clients. Finally, it is the Event Assistant’s duty to assist the primary on-site wedding coordinator setting up and executing all weddings.
The Event Assistant must possess the following qualities: the ability to diplomatically and assertively deal with complex situations and individuals, be responsive, pro-active, reliable, efficient and friendly. The Event Assistant must have the ability to react quickly to situations as they arise and be familiar with Hermitage policies pertaining to emergencies, security, and use of buildings and equipment.
Qualifications & Skills
- College degree preferred, but not required
- Past experience in managing events at public or private locations is needed as well as excellent customer service skills
- Clear verbal and written communication skills; courtesy and discretion in dealing with the public and other employees; interpersonal, customer and staff friendly
- Must be able to interact with all ages, nationalities and those who are physically challenged
- General knowledge of office equipment
- Event Assistant must always present a professional demeanor and appearance, and maintain confidentiality
- A clear reverence and interest in history is important
- Knowledge and daily use of e-mail required; all applicants must own a working cell phone.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be in charge of minor decisions the day of the event while overseeing the protection of the venues located at The Hermitage. The role requires availability on Fridays and Saturday- no exceptions, in addition to week nights as required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must ensure events begin and end at the times specified in the Facility Rental Agreement and signed by the client and Rentals Department.
- Some paperwork duties may be required prior to events.
- Must be available during the rental time frame unless requested differently by the Event Manager. Timeframes range between six and twelve hours.
- Will be responsible for asking Security Guards to unlock & lock facilities in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Must keep a Hermitage two-way radio on them at all times and follow procedures for use outlined by the Security Office and Event Manager.
- Must ensure that Hermitage staff, catering staff and client follow clean-up procedures as outlined in the Rental Regulations documents.
- Must guide smokers to designated areas.
- Ability to perform moderate physical work: stooping, bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted; must be able to work in all weather conditions.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and references to:
Erica Kloke, Event Manager
4580 Rachel’s Lane
Hermitage, TN 37076