Enjoy FREE ADMISSION to The Hermitage to Commemorate The Battle of New Orleans
Enjoy FREE Grounds Passes to The Hermitage on Sunday, January 8 as we commemorate the Battle of New Orleans, a crucial American victory during the War of 1812 and the event that catapulted General Andrew Jackson to national fame and recognition.
Join activities for the whole family.
Your free Grounds Pass grants you access to our 1,120 acres of history and tranquil beauty, including an historic garden, historical markers, wildlife, hiking trail, and historic buildings. Please note: The Hermitage Mansion Tour is not included as part of the Grounds Pass.
Save the Date – January 8
The Battle of New Orleans commemoration is held January 8th of every year.
Activities for the Whole Family
- Children’s activities will take place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Battle of New Orleans Gallery Talks will take place at 10 a.m., noon and 3 p.m.
- A balcony address will happen at noon.
- The annual wreath-laying ceremony with special remarks and the presentation of colors will take place at 1 p.m.
- Exclusive Hermitage member event, featuring New Orleans-related artifacts from our collection.
- Stop in for lunch at FKS Kitchen.
- Unwind with a discounted wine tasting at Natchez Hills Winery at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage.
- Take home souvenirs and gifts from the Museum Store.
Plan Your Visit
Find helpful information about admission, our hours and even suggested itineraries for your visit to The Hermitage in Nashville.