Hermitage Staff Spotlight: Matthew Fite
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This month, we are spotlighting Matthew Fite, one of our Ticket Office Associates.
- How long have you worked for The Hermitage?
- I have worked here for five years. I started my position in October 2016.
- What is your title?
- Ticket Office Associate
- Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- I sell ticket entry to The Hermitage while informing guests of the tour options and how the tours function at The Hermitage, I also answer phone calls and messages.
- How did you come to work at The Hermitage?
- I have an anthropology/archeology degree with an interest in working for historical museums, and what better place than the home of our 7th President, Andrew Jackson?
- What is your favorite thing about working at The Hermitage?
- My favorite thing about working here would be being surrounded by such a rich history that not only can be read but physically seen as well.
- What is something that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- Something that surprised me is the need for so many different employee positions to keep the site working in order.