Hermitage Staff Spotlight: Raechel Willis
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This month, we are spotlighting Raechel Willis, our Curatorial Aide.
- How long have you worked for The Hermitage?
- I’ve worked at The Hermitage for 8.5 years.
- Can you describe what you do in a few sentences?
- I clean all historic buildings onsite, including two mansions, a church and three log cabins, as well as all exhibits. I also assist the Collections Manager with ongoing projects such as inventory and the digitization of our records.
- How did you come to work at The Hermitage?
- I heard about an opening from a friend who was working here at the time.
- What is your favorite thing about working here?
- The wildlife. Especially all our turkeys!
- What is something that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- How large the site is–all 1,120 acres!