Hermitage Staff Spotlight: Terry Houchin
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This month, we are spotlighting Terry Houchin, our Ticket Office Manager.
- What is your job title?
- Ticket Office Manager
- How long have you worked at The Hermitage?
- I have been here for almost 6 years! 5 years, 8 months to be exact.
- Can you describe what you do in a few sentences?
- I help guests have a great experience at The Hermitage, starting with their very first personal contact with us, through the Ticket Office. I work with other departments to improve our ticketing options and offerings by building and maintaining tickets for our tours and programs. I hire and train Ticket Service Associates to assist guests in planning and purchasing the best tour options for them; such as adding a Wagon Tour or letting the guests know of special exhibits or programs for the day. I am also the System Administrator for Tessitura, our ticketing software, which involves keeping the system updated and configured as well as training other users.
- How did you come to work at The Hermitage?
- I visited The Hermitage after moving to Tennessee and thought this would be a great place to work.
- What is your favorite thing about working here?
- I love walking on these beautiful, historic grounds and thinking about all of the history.
- What is something that surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- I was surprised by how many people travel from all over the world to come to The Hermitage and learn about Andrew Jackson and see his home.