An Invitation from the CEO – Howard Kittell
The new site is an important step, among many we are taking, to encourage students, adults, scholars, educators and the general public to explore the story and impact of Andrew Jackson and to visit his home, The Hermitage, called the most accurately preserved presidential home in the nation.
We are excited to roll out this new state-of-the-art digital platform. It will make it simple for people to learn about the array of things they can experience and do at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage.
The new site will make your visit planning simple. Here, you can review our:
- Days and hours of operation
- Driving directions
- Calendar of events
You can even go ahead and:
- Plan your schedule for a trip to The Hermitage
- Select the most efficient way for you to purchase tickets for tours or events
- Take a virtual tour of the historic site
- Have a nice picnic meal or lunch at Kitchen Cabinet Cafe
- Book a wedding or other special event in one of our outstanding and unique rental facilities
- Shop in the virtual Hermitage Museum Store for one-of-a-kind gifts and treasures.
From casual history buffs to serious researchers, the site is a convenient place to learn more about the remarkable life of Andrew Jackson and the dynamic era of American history that bears his name. Beyond Jackson, virtual visitors can learn about the Jackson family, the history of the enslaved people who lived and toiled at Jackson’s plantation and explore the development decline, and restoration of his beloved home, The Hermitage.
While The Hermitage is one of the oldest president museums, we are not old fashioned. Our new website is fresh, functional and user friendly. Through clean, spare design, bold visuals and easy-to-navigate interactive features the new website is informative, engaging and fun.
So, look around the new site and then visit the real deal, Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage – Home of the People’s President.