Staff Spotlight – Barbara Nance
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This month, we are spotlighting Barbara Nance, one of our museum store associates.
How long have you worked for The Hermitage?
- I will have worked for The Hermitage for 33 years in March 2022.
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- I greet visitors and answer any questions they may have about the merchandise, The Hermitage, local and historic information. I assist customers with items purchased as gifts. When not assisting any visitors I stock merchandise, ship orders and answer the phones.
How did you come to work at The Hermitage?
- A friend told me about the job. I first worked as a docent/tour guide for four years, then started working in the Museum Store.
What is your favorite thing about working at The Hermitage?
- I love getting to meet people from all over the world who come to visit The Hermitage.
What is something that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- How different the people are from each state.