Staff Spotlight – Caitlyn Hillman
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This month, we are spotlighting Caitlyn Hillman, our Digital Marketing Specialist.
How long have you worked for The Hermitage?
- It will be a year since I started working for The Hermitage in November.
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- I plan, create and schedule content for all of The Hermitage social channels and engage with followers and other accounts. I maintain website content and appearance as well as add new pages and events as needed. I work with our VP of Marketing and Communications to plan and create the mass emails that are sent out throughout the month. I also create any marketing materials that will be used at programs, events – or in some cases – advertisements.
What is your favorite thing about working at The Hermitage?
- My favorite thing about working at The Hermitage is the team I work with. You couldn’t ask for a better group of people to be working together. Every one is always willing to pitch in when needed no matter what the job may be.
What is one thing that has surprised you about working here?
- Having never worked in a museum setting previously, I was shocked by how much goes on behind-the-scenes to keep The Hermitage running! When you visit a museum and take a tour, you don’t think about all the people it takes outside of the employees you interact with to really keep the place moving.
What book are you currently reading?
- I just started reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I have a goal set to read at least six classics by the end of this year!