Staff Spotlight – Jacob Glover
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This month, we are spotlighting Jacob Glover, our Grants Manager.
How long have you worked at The Hermitage?
- I started working at The Hermitage in August of 2022.
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- As the Grants Manager, I work to secure funding for the Andrew Jackson Foundation’s diverse ventures from other foundations, corporations, government and individuals that support arts and culture institutions like the Andrew Jackson Foundation.
What is your favorite part about working at The Hermitage?
- I love that the Andrew Jackson Foundation is a mission-driven nonprofit who shares the story of Andrew Jackson, the Hermitage community and their combined impact on American history. Being able to work in such a beautiful, historic setting is also something for which I am very grateful!
What is one thing that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- The expansiveness of The Hermitage grounds. I knew about the mansion and the incredible history that we shared, but being able to explore the 1,120-acre property is a rewarding and fantastic aspect of my job.
What book are you currently reading?
- My normal approach is to read three books at a time. Currently, I’ve got quite the eclectic mix going: The Ask by Sam Lipste; The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain; and The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- I enjoy playing guitar and running in my free time. Although I do not attempt these hobbies simultaneously.