Staff Spotlight – Jennifer Otis
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage! This month, we are spotlighting Jennifer Otis, our business manager.
How long have you worked for The Hermitage?
- I have worked at The Hermitage for five months.
What is your title?
- I am the business manager.
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- I keep record of all finance transactions, both incoming and outgoing, and process payroll, pay taxes and make sure employees have health, dental and vision insurance up-to-date and effective.
How did you come to work at The Hermitage?
- Indeed sent me a notification about a non-profit finance-related position. I applied and sent an email. The rest is history!
What is your favorite thing about working at The Hermitage?
- In the short time I’ve been at The Hermitage, my favorite thing about working here has been when we have events. It brings us closer as a group, and we also get a chance to show our appreciation to our donors!
What is something that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- I was really surprised to hear the excitement about gardening! I’ve learned so much processing orders for seeds!