Staff Spotlight – Olivia Fryburger
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This month, we are spotlighting Olivia Fryburger, one of our historical interpreters.
How long have you worked at The Hermitage?
- I’ve worked here since March 2022. My first day was actually on Jackson’s birthday celebration (the 15th!).
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- I give guided tours of the mansion and assist guests with whatever they need help with whether it be giving directions, taking pictures or checking guests in for their tour.
What is your favorite part about working at The Hermitage?
- I’m an extrovert, so I looked for a job right out of school where I could spend most of my day interacting and having lots of meaningful conversations with others while sharpening my public speaking and presenting skills. This one fits the bill!
What is one thing that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- How many visitors we have come through the mansion, even on a “slow day.”
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- I love to play my ukulele and watch musicals.