Staff Spotlight – Pam Miner
Every month, we introduce one of our amazing staff members and give more insight on what it’s like to work at Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. This month, we are spotlighting Pam Miner, our Vice President of Collections.
How long have you worked at The Hermitage?
- I began with The Hermitage August 1, 2022.
Describe what you do in a few sentences.
- As Vice President of Collections, I guide the Collections management and care. As well, I research to share Jackson and their stories through various opportunities as public access, social media posts and exhibits.
What is your favorite part about working at The Hermitage?
- Many Collection pieces are “one of a kind” items which meaningfully represent Andrew Jackson, the life he built and experienced. I enjoy considering ways to interpret the juxtaposition of an internationally significance object seemingly just a knickknack decorating the mansion parlor.
What is one thing that has surprised you about working at The Hermitage?
- The diversity of lifeways represented, from daily life at the rural Tennessee Hermitage to daily life at the presidential White House.
What book are you currently reading?
- I typically have a few books in progress. Currently are: American Lion by Jon Meacham, How the Word is Passed: A Reckoning with the History of Slavery Across America by Clint Smith and Whole Body Reset by Stephen Perrine.
What is one of your favorite hobbies?
- I have had the privilege of being an athlete and dancer. I continue to enjoy physical fitness as yoga, exercise classes, and walks in the neighborhood.