Visit The Hermitage in Nashville, TN to walk through Andrew Jackson’s life and home, explore a beautiful, vintage Tennessee farm, and experience an important piece of Nashville and our nation. Rated the third best Presidential Site in the nation by USA TODAY, this is a must-see for any visitor to Music City! Experience our all-new exhibit, Andrew Jackson: Born for a Storm.
Visit the Hermitage
Your General Admission ticket includes:
- Access to the grounds, mansion, exhibit gallery, and store.
- An interpreter-led tour of the mansion.
- A self-guided audio tour of the gardens, grounds and other historic buildings.
- Andrew Jackson’s Visitor Center exhibits including Andrew Jackson: Born for a Storm.
- Self-guided tour of over 1,000 acres of farmland that used to be The Hermitage Plantation.
$17.00 Seniors (Age 62+)
$15.00 Students (Age 13-18)
$10.00 Children (Age 6-12)
FREE Active Military and Children (5 & under)
$54.00 Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children/students under 18 years of age)
$8.00 with general admission ticket
Receive an upgraded device to enhance your visit with period images, maps of the property, and an interactive timeline not available anywhere else on the tour. You’ll also receive a 10% discount in the Museum Store.
$50.00 includes general admission ticket
Guided tour offered at 1:00 pm on Thursdays
Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided, VIP tour through the grounds and mansion with an experienced guide and a small group of visitors, plus special access to the mansion balcony.
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Give a Jackson, Get More History #GivingTuesday
- Andrew Jackson’s Bank War: A White House Crossroads
November 30 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Museum Store Holiday Open House
December 7 @ 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
October 16 – March 14
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
March 15 – October 15
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Day Before Thanksgiving
9:30 am – 3:00 pm
9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Included with Admission
Andrew Jackson: Born for a Storm
This state-of-the-art, 1.1 million dollar exhibit brings the rich story of Andrew Jackson’s meteoric rise from his humble beginnings to his presidency through bold visuals and a series of interactive displays. The exhibit focuses on the three pivotal stages of Jackson’s astonishing life: his modest origins as an orphan, his resiliency as a General and his visionary leadership as a President.More About the Exhibits
Hermitage Mansion Tour
We invite you to walk through the mansion at The Hermitage and explore the beloved home of Andrew Jackson, restored with hundreds of his well-preserved original belongings.
Costumed tour guides usher guests through the mansion regaling with the stories, history and lore of each of the rooms.More Tours at the Hermitage
Two Hour Visit
1. Tour the exhibits in the Andrew Jackson Visitor Center. 20 minutes
2. Walk to and tour the Hermitage mansion. 35 minutes
3. Walk through The Hermitage Garden, and visit Rachel and Andrew Jackson’s tomb. 20 minutes
4. Visit Alfred’s Cabin. 10 minutes
5. Walk to and briefly tour the First Hermitage. 20 minutes
6. Return to the Visitor Center and stop by the Museum Store. Or grab a snack at The Kitchen Cabinet 15 minutes
Four Hour Visit
1. Leisurely tour the exhibits in the Andrew Jackson Visitor Center. 40 minutes
2. Walk to and tour the Hermitage mansion. 45 minutes
3. Walk through The Hermitage Garden and visit Rachel and Andrew Jackson’s tomb. 25 minutes
4. Visit Alfred’s Cabin. 10 minutes
5. Visit the First Hermitage and walk the Field Quarter Trail. 60 minutes
6. Return from the Field Quarters by the nature trail and visit the Spring House. 30 minutes
7. Return to the Visitor Center and stop by the Museum Store or enjoy a light meal at The Kitchen Cabinet. 30 minutes
Restaurant & Food Options
Don’t go hungry. We offer a variety of good, ole-fashioned southern snacks and meals. more...
Accessibility & Assistance
You need to see The Hermitage, and our goal is to get you here. Find out how our site is easily accessible to all. more...
Everything you need to know to come visit Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage. more...
We offer group rates and do our best to accommodate students, families and tours. more...