Accessibility & Assistance
We want everyone to enjoy their experience at The Hermitage so we work hard to keep it accessible to guests with special needs.
- A golf cart is available to transport visitors needing assistance from the Andrew Jackson Visitor Center to The Hermitage mansion.
- Wheelchairs are available free of charge for those unable to walk around the grounds.
- Motorized and non-motorized wheelchairs are welcome in the mansion; however, the size of the interior spaces prevents the use of motorized scooter chairs.
- Assistance animals are always welcome.
- Printed mansion and audio tour scripts are available for those with hearing impairments.
- The film is also closed-captioned.
- The Andrew Jackson Visitor Center, including theater, exhibit gallery, gift shop and Kitchen Cabinet Café is completely accessible for guests in wheelchairs.
- The Hermitage pathways are smooth asphalt and there is a ramped entrance to the garden.
- The Hermitage mansion is accessible on the first floor, and a photographic tour of the second floor is available for our visitors unable to climb stairs.
For visitors who do not speak English, The Hermitage has printed translations of the mansion tour in Spanish, German, French, Russian and Japanese. The Hermitage welcomes foreign language interpreters.
Contact us with any questions about specific accessibility or assistance needs for your visit to The Hermitage.Contact Us