General Jackson welcomed many important visitors to The Hermitage throughout his life. Continuing his tradition, The Hermitage staff welcomes you to an enjoyable experience with family and friends.
Come to Nashville to tour Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage – Home of the People’s President.
Your General’s Tour ticket includes:
- Access to the grounds, mansion, exhibit gallery, and store.
- An interpreter-led tour of the mansion.
- A self-guided audio tour of the gardens, grounds and other historic buildings.
- Andrew Jackson’s Visitor Center exhibits including Andrew Jackson: Born for a Storm.
- Self-guided tour of farmland that used to be The Hermitage Plantation.
$17.00 Seniors (Age 62+)
$15.00 Students (Age 13-18)
$10.00 Children (Age 6-12)
FREE Active Military and Children (5 & under)
$54.00 Family Pass (2 adults and 2 children/students under 18 years of age)
Upgrade to the President’s Tour
Upgrade your General Admission tickets to the President’s Tour! You’ll receive an upgraded device to enhance your visit with period images, maps of the property, and an interactive timeline not available anywhere else on the tour. You’ll also receive a 10% discount in the Museum Store. The cost for this enhanced experience is $8.00 with your General Admission ticket.Buy tickets
Imagine having the opportunity to experience one of the top-rated and most authentically preserved presidential homes in the country unlike anyone else!
Our brand new VIP Admission is the ultimate way for any presidential or American history fan to visit the home of our 7th President. Your VIP Admission includes ALL General Admission ticket amenities PLUS:
- A 1.5-hour guided, VIP Tour through the grounds and mansion with an experienced guide and a small group of visitors.
- Special access to the mansion balcony. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to witness the view from the beautiful Hermitage balcony!
- Guided tour of the grounds, Jackson’s tomb, and gardens.
- Limited group size.
VIP Tours will be offered at 1:00 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
$50.00 per person
To book private VIP tour, please reach out to Balin Ali at email@example.com or 615-889-2941 ex. 212
Please be aware of the following:
- Tickets, once purchased, are non-refundable.
- VIP Tours will happen rain or shine and tickets will NOT be refunded due to weather conditions.
- There is a maximum of 12 tickets sold for each VIP tour. The total number available will pop up when purchasing tickets. In order for everyone to get the most out of this tour we are unable to make exceptions to add additional spots.
- Each person must have a ticket for this tour. Tours are approximately 90 minutes.
October 16 – March 14
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Last ticket sold at 4:00 pm. Grounds close at 5:00 pm.
March 15 – October 15
8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The Hermitage is open every day of the year except Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Memorial Day: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
4th of July: 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Day before Thanksgiving: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Thanksgiving Day: Closed
Christmas Eve: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Christmas Day: Closed
Hermitage Mansion TourIncluded with admission | Interpreter-led
Walk though The Hermitage mansion guided by in-character interpreters to explore the house of Andrew Jackson restored with hundreds of his original belongings.
Audio TourIncluded with admission | Self-guided
Discover The Hermitage with our audio tours to learn more about Andrew Jackson’s farm and garden, museum exhibits, Jacksonian era artifacts and more.
President’s TourIncluded with Multimedia Experience admission upgrade | Self-guided
Experience an upgraded audio tour with a new multimedia player so you can access period images, maps of the property and an interactive timeline.
The Hermitage By Wagon TourApril through October, weather permitting | $11 per person with admission, 5 and under free
Tour The Hermitage by horse-drawn wagon for a glimpse into what life was like on this 1000-acre cotton plantation for Andrew Jackson, his family and his slaves.