We Are Open!
We are excited to be able to share this 1,120-acre National Historic Landmark with you once again! We are currently open Thursdays – Mondays, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with the last ticket sold at 4 p.m. We will be closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
We are prioritizing the safety of all visitors, staff and volunteers.
To provide an orderly transition while maintaining safety, our reopening is organized into three phases. We are currently in Phase 2, which includes several ticket options and some restrictions lifted.
We will continue to monitor the situation and adhere to the guidance of local government officials and medical professionals. Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage has experienced many public health events, such as SARS, H1N1 and polio, during its more than 130-year history. As in the past, we will proceed with caution and carefully monitor safety guidelines to ensure a positive and safe guest experience.
Temporary Visitor Guidelines
The safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. We are asking all visitors to support our efforts to create a safe environment by adhering to the following guidelines:
- Mask Policy – As mandated by the Metro Public Health Department, all visitors ages 13 and older are required to wear face masks while on The Hermitage property. This includes all specialty tours, on porches and inside buildings and the mansion. Guests are welcome to remove masks while walking the grounds.
- Social Distancing – Please maintain six feet of distance from non-household members to limit exposure to our employees and our facility.
- Please visit us another day if you feel sick or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Use every day preventative measures (ex. wash hands, don’t touch eyes/nose, etc.).
- Bring your debit or credit cards. No cash will be accepted.
- Take advantage of the hand sanitizer stations available throughout the property.
- Bring your own water or soda. Water fountains are temporarily closed. Vending machines will be available.
- When severe weather is forecast, guests will be advised to stay alert to potential severe weather and return to their vehicles should warnings be issued.
Current Ticket Options
The following ticket options are available during Phase 2 of our reopening plan. Please select an option to learn more about the schedule for each tour, pricing and restrictions currently in place.
The General’s Tour
The General’s Tour includes admission to the grounds and The Hermitage mansion, a self-guided audio tour, and a self-guided tour of the farmland that was once The Hermitage.
In Their Footsteps Tour
The In Their Footsteps Tour tells the stories of lives of the enslaved men and women who lived and worked at The Hermitage. A guide will lead you on this walking tour through the grounds.
The VIP Tour includes a fully guided tour through The Hermitage mansion, with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to take in the view from the Hermitage balcony, as well as a tour of the grounds, tomb, garden and Born for a Storm exhibit.
Commander in Chief Tour
Experience Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage in an exclusive tour with the President and CEO of the Andrew Jackson Foundation, Howard J. Kittell. The Commander in Chief tour gives visitors a 90-minute glimpse of the grounds, mansion, garden and tomb where the President and Mrs. Jackson are buried. While in the mansion, visitors have the opportunity to take in the view from the beautiful Hermitage balcony!
The Grounds Pass grants access to our 1,120 acres full of history and tranquil beauty, including a garden, field quarters, historical markers, wildlife and more. It DOES NOT include access to the mansion. Leashed dogs are welcome.
We took the #TNPledge to keep our visitors and staff safe. Together, we can keep Tennessee healthy and open for business. Read the full guidelines at TNPledge.com.
Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage is proud to be a supporter of the U.S. Travel Association’s Let’s Go There, Together campaign, joining the collective travel industry, including brands and organizations, from airlines to hotels and resorts, travel advisors, car rentals and theme parks, across every state and city in the U.S. to reignite America’s sense of wanderlust. We are all working together to inspire your next great adventure and ensure your future trips are as healthy and safe as possible.